Homemade Oven Baked Chicken Schnitzel made with Coconut Flour and Activated Buckwheat served with Smoked Paprika Chips and Rocket Seeded Parmesan Salad!
- 4 free range chicken thigh fillets
- 4-5 free range eggs
- 1-2 cups of coconut flour
- 2 Cups Activated Savoury Buckwheat
- Finely chopped shallots or flat parsley
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- Cracked Pepper
- Pink Salt
Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Pound 4 free range chicken thigh fillets in snap lock bags til thin (saves you having chicken juice splurting all over your face).
- Lightly beat 4-5 free range eggs on a shallow bowl sprinkle some smoked paprika.
- Pour 1-2 cups of coconut flour in another shallow bowl.
- I bought Activated Savoury Buckwheat from Soulla Chamberlain and processed 2 cups til medium fine. In another shallow bowl/tray I mixed buckwheat, finely chopped shallots OR flat parsley, 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese, cracked pepper and sprinkled pink salt (4-5 pinches).
- Coat thigh fillet in coconut flour, then dunk in egg mix, be generous and coat chicken in buckwheat mix until chicken is covered. Repeat with all the chicken.
- I drizzled organic butter all over, both sides and baked for 45-50mins turning chicken half way.
Tip…if you like your Schnitzel crispier, I chose the pan fry option in organic butter 10mins each side or a little longer. Serve this with whatever Veggies that tickles your fancy! I just baked potatoes in tallow with skin on cut into wedges, sprinkled smoked paprika and seasoned with pink salt and pepper.